Phone: 02 9310 6200
Postal address: Locked Bag 4777 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Street address: Level 3, 219-241 Cleveland St, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Phone: 0419 626 155
ACOSS welcomes comments and feedback from the public to assist in our advocacy and policy work. Please note we are not able to provide direct assistance or make referrals.
If you need advice in an emergency, or urgently need to speak to someone, there are several numbers you can call:
- Call 000 if you are facing a current emergency or facing immediate danger. This will link you to services including ambulance, fire and police services.
- Call 13 11 14 if you are facing a current crisis and need immediate support. This will link you to Lifeline’s 24 hour telephone crisis support service.
The following phone numbers can help with counselling, domestic violence, suicide prevention, and other serious situations.
- Kids Helpline:1800 551 800
- Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277
- Domestic Violence: 1800 656 463 (Partner/Intimate violence)
- Family Violence: 1800 RESPECT
- Mensline Australia: 1300 789 978 (Professional telephone and online support and information service for Australian men)
The following phone numbers can assist if you have questions or are having difficulties with the social security system:
- Financial Counselling Australia: 1800 007 007
- National Social Security Rights Network http://www.nssrn.org.au/
ABN: 72 757 927 533
ACOSS trades only as The Australian Council of Social Service Inc.