Who: ACOSS CEO Dr Cassandra Goldie and representatives from Australia’s Community Sector
When: 10.30am Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Where: Senate Courtyard, Parliament House, Canberra
ACOSS CEO Dr Cassandra Goldie will be joined by representatives from national charities and community sector organisations to provide a comprehensive response to the Federal Budget at a press conference at 10.30am on Wednesday morning, in the Senate Courtyard of Parliament House in Canberra.
The groups will provide their reaction to announcements in the Budget which impact on people living on low incomes and others who are vulnerable in our community, and on the services on which they rely.
Please note that there is also an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations joint press conference in the Senate Courtyard at 9am.
Media Contact: Kate Finlayson 0419 626 155
Attendees at the press conference include:
- Australian Council of Social Service, Cassandra Goldie, CEO
- Anglicare Australia, Roland Manderson, Deputy Director
- Australian Federation of Disability Organisations, Ross Joyce, CEO
- Australian Youth Affairs Coalition, Caitlin Figueiredo, AYAC board member
- Baptist Care Australia, Marcia Balzer, Executive Director
- Carers Australia, Ara Cresswell, CEO
- Catholic Social Services Australia, Father Frank Brennan, CEO
- Children and Young People with Disability Australia, Stephanie Gotlib, CEO
- Disabled People’s Organisation Australia, Therese Sands, Director
- Family & Relationship Services Australia, Dr Adam Heaton, Senior Policy Officer
- Mission Australia, Marion Bennett, General Manager, Practice Leadership
- National Association of Community Legal Centres, Nassim Arrage, CEO
- National Association of People With HIV Australia, Aaron Cogle, Executive Director
- National Shelter, Adrian Pisarski, Executive Officer
- The Salvation Army National Secretariat, Lieut-Colonel Samuel Pho, National Secretary
- St Vincent de Paul Society, National Council of Australia, John Falzon, CEO