- This event has passed.
Insights on Newly Arrived Refugees: Women and Digital Inclusion
9 September @ 12:30 pm -2:00 pm
Free | REGISTER
Join ACOSS and Settlement Services International (SSI) for this important discussion exploring insights on newly arrived refugees, focusing on women and digital inclusion. The webinar event will feature an expert panel discussion moderated by Omar Dehen, award-winning journalist for SBS World News.
- Hear the perspectives of refugees themselves and their everyday experiences of welcome, participation and belonging.
- Hear about the research findings on refugee women and digital inclusion among new arrivals.
- Hear new data that was collected as the COVID-19 pandemic impacted communities in Australia and around the world, when digital technologies became even more important in daily life, work and study.
- Learn of actions that governments, policymakers, service providers and civil society can pursue to strengthen their contribution to settlement and integration.
- You will also have an opportunity to ask our panelists questions during the Q&A.
The discussion will be preceded by a presentation of the research findings from the Foundations for Belonging 2021 report, which aims to deepen understanding of the social and civic dimensions of integration in the early stages of settlement. We will be joined by two of the research co-authors Tadgh McMahon, SSI Research and Policy Manager, and Shanthi Robertson, Western Sydney University Senior Research Fellow.
Our guest speakers:
- Shanthi Robertson, Western Sydney University Senior Research Fellow (research co-author)
- Alison Larkins, Department of Home Affairs, Commonwealth Coordinator-General for Migrant Services
- Shabnam Safa, Chair, National Refugee-led Advisory and Advocacy Group (NRAAG)
- Host: Omar Dehen, award-winning journalist for SBS World News