Responses have now been received to our questions to the major parties for the 2016 Election.
Our purpose is not to ‘score’ the parties on policy but instead to get their responses to some of the hard questions about how we can reduce inequality and poverty in Australia while we grow the economy and jobs.
Click on a heading below to view the questions and compare the answers from the major parties.
- Measuring social and economic progress
- A balanced approach to budget repair
- Improving the integrity and equity of the tax system
- Towards a fair and sustainable retirement incomes system
- Improving support for people who are unemployed
- Reducing child poverty
- Access to basic services for all who need them
- Ending the housing crisis
- A strong, independent and diverse civil society
- Effective action to address climate change and its impacts on people on low incomes
View the ALP response in letter format
View the Coalition response in letter format