10 October 2014
Who: Dr Cassandra Goldie, CEO, ACOSS, people living in poverty and representatives from St Vincent de Paul Society, The Salvation Army and other community welfare sector agencies.
When: Start time – 10.30am Sunday 12 October 2014
Venue: Woodville Community Services community garden
Corner of Binna Burra Street and Urana Street, Villawood (Off Woodville Road), Western Sydney – SEE MAP
The Australian Council of Social Service will release the most comprehensive report on poverty in Australia since 2012 at the start of Anti-Poverty Week on Sunday October 12, 2014.
The report will identify the number of people living in poverty in the country, which groups of people are affected by poverty, and where they live. It will include state and capital city breakdowns.
Media outlets and journalists are encouraged to attend the press conference which will be led by ACOSS CEO Dr Cassandra Goldie and include the voices of people living in poverty and representatives from a range of community welfare agencies.
Also present will include:
• Pam Batkin, Executive Officer, Woodville Community Services Inc.
• Envoy Ronda McIntyre, Territorial Community Services/Doorways Co-ordinator, The Salvation Army
• Lisa Ross, Financial Counsellor, The Salvation Army Moneycare
• Yolanda Saiz, Senior Manager, St Vincent de Paul Society
• People with lived experience of poverty and other representatives of Australia’s community welfare sector.
Media contact: Fernando de Freitas – 0419 626 155
NOTE TO EDITORS: Reporters and film crews are advised to arrive early to set up, and kindly advise [email protected] of your intention to attend 0419 626 155.
The Report will be made available online after the launch on the www.acoss.org.au website at around 10.45am AEST on Sunday 12th October 2014.