11 May 2018
What: 2018 ACOSS Post Budget Breakfast
When: 8.00-10.30m Tuesday 15 May, 2018
Where: The Noble Dining Room, Sydney Cricket Ground
ACOSS is bringing together Australia’s civil society and community services sector for a unique people-centred perspective on the Federal Budget announced on Tuesday.
ACOSS CEO, Cassandra Goldie, and a dynamic panel of high profile commentators will dissect the 2018 Budget: What impact will the Budget have on poverty and inequality in Australia? What will it mean for people on low incomes and the services they rely on?
Join representatives from civil society and community organisations for a robust and engaging discussion which looks beyond short-term politics to the long-term implications of Budget 2018-19 for our community.
Journalists and media outlets are invited to cover the event, which is sponsored by the UTS Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion and the UTS Institute for Public Policy and Governance (IPPG).
More info here: http://budget.acossevents.org.au/
- Paddy Manning (MC), Contributing Editor Politics, The Monthly
- Danielle Wood, Budget Policy & Institutional, Reform Program Director, Grattan Institute
- Dawn Casey, Deputy CEO, NACCHO
- Kelly O’Shanassy, CEO, Australian Conservation Foundation
- Peter Martin, Economics Editor, The Age
- Cassandra Goldie, CEO, ACOSS
Media Contact: 0419 626 155