14 October 2016
Date: 10.30am Sunday 16 October 2016
Who: ACOSS CEO Dr Cassandra Goldie and Catherine Yeomans, CEO of Mission Australia; people living in poverty, and representatives other community welfare agencies.
When: Start time – 10.30am Sunday 16 October 2016
Venue: Mission Australia Centre (MAC) Kingswood
Address: 46 Bringelly Road, Kingswood, NSW 2747
ACOSS and leading charities will reveal the latest snapshot of Poverty in Australia at 10.30am on Sunday 16th October 2016.
The report will identify the number of people living in poverty in the country, which groups of people are affected by poverty, and poverty trends.
For the first time the comprehensive report will include comparable data over a 10-year period that allows a deeper trend analysis of how we are fairing as a nation in the fight against poverty.
Media outlets and journalists are encouraged to attend the press conference which will include the voices of people living in poverty and representatives from a range of community welfare agencies.
Also present will include:
* Dr Cassandra Goldie, CEO, ACOSS
* Catherine Yeomans, CEO Mission Australia
* Brad McIver – Lieutenant, Salvation Army Community Service Operations Manager (Doorways/Moneycare/Communities for Children)
* Jack de Groot – CEO, St Vincent de Paul Society NSW
* People with lived experience of poverty and other representatives of Australia’s community welfare sector.
Media contact: 0419 626 155
NOTE TO EDITORS: Reporters and film crews are advised to arrive early to set up, and kindly advise ACOSS of your intention to attend on 0419 626 155.
The Report will be made available online after the launch on the www.acoss.org.au website at around 10.45am AEST on Sunday 16th October 2016.
Contact: Australian Council of Social Service, 0419 626 155