- This event has passed.
COP26 & Australian leadership on climate
9 November 2021 @ 11:30 am -1:00 pm
Join the leaders of peak bodies from across Australia for an online event focusing on Australian and international climate action.
Australia has a lot at stake in the global effort to limit climate change, and the pursuit of that goal is reshaping public policy and private action today.
With world leaders, diplomats and civil society meeting in Glasgow to increase international climate ambition, this 90-minute session will bring out the implications for Australia and highlight local developments.
Moderated by Innes Willox, Chief Executive of national employer association Ai Group, the agenda for the session will cover:
- COP26 update from Victoria Treadell, High Commissioner of the United Kingdom to Australia;
- Australia: where are we on climate? Featuring Kane Thornton, Chief Executive of the Clean Energy Council, and Rebecca Mikula Wright, CEO of the Investor Group on Climate Change;
- Australia: where do we need to get to? Featuring Jennifer Westacott AO, CEO of the Business Council of Australia, and Dermot O’Gorman, CEO of WWF-Australia;
- Australia: how do we get there? Featuring Michele O’Neil, President of the Australian Council of Trade Unions, and John Connor, CEO of the Carbon Market Institute;
- Panel discussion featuring Kelly O’Shanassy, CEO of the Australian Conservation Foundation, Cassandra Goldie, CEO of the Australian Council of Social Service, Tim Reed, President of the Business Council of Australia and Tony Mahar, CEO of the National Farmers’ Federation.