25 June 2015
Date: Friday June 26, 2015
Venue: Australian Technology Park
Locomotive St, Eveleigh NSW 2015, Australia (Map here).
The ACOSS National Conference will feature speakers from government, community and business in lively presentations and panel discussions in Sydney today.
- The Hon Scott Morrison MP, Minister for Social Services (representing the Prime Minister) – 9am
- The Hon Bill Shorten MP & Opposition Leader – 11.20am
- Senator Richard di Natale, Leader of the Australian Greens – 10.35am
1. Out of the Maze: Towards Decent Incomes and Jobs for People on Working-Age Social Security Payments – 9.25am
- Dr Simon Chapple (NZ), Research Fellow, Dunedin Health and Development Research Unit
- Catherine Yeomans, CEO, Mission Australia
- Craig Wallace, President, People with Disability Australia
- Maha Abdo AOM, CEO United Muslim Women’s Association
- Dr Tessa Boyd Caine, Deputy CEO, Australian Council of Social Service
- Hugh De Kretser, Executive Director, Human Rights Law Centre
- Les Malezer, Co Chair National Congress of Australia’s First People
- Tim O’Connor, Communications Director, Refugee Council of Australia
- Amanda Tattersall, Coalition Director and Instigator, Sydney Alliance
3. Jobs of the Future – 2.20pm
- Katie Acheson, Managing Director, Youth Action
- John Buchanan, University of Sydney Business School, Professor and Director, Workplace Research Centre
- Phil Edmands, Managing Director, Rio Tinto
- Jo-anne Schofield, National President, United Voice
- Erwin Jackson, Deputy CEO, The Climate Institute
Media Contact: Fernando de Freitas 0419 626 155
NOTE to Media: Please advise of your intention to attend.
Full Program here.