- Randwick location
- 2 positions available
- 1 Full time position, 1 Part time 32 hrs p/w, 6 month temporary contact
Who we are
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Our aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
Australian Red Cross Young Parents Program (YPP) works to improve the capacity of very young parents aged 13 to 25 to live and parent independently through its Residential, Outreach and Aftercare stages. The Residential stage is located in Sydney and provides 24 hour supported accommodation and intensive case management to young women aged 13 to 18 years old, and their children, with a focus on supporting restorations and family preservation.
About the role
Assist families with complex needs and behaviours to develop independent parenting and living skills. Working in close collaboration with colleagues across all stages of the Young Parents Program using trauma-informed, strengths-based therapeut ic interventions and holistic case management to assist clients to achieve the best possible outcomes.
What you will bring
- Therapeutic case management skills
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant qualification
- Experience in the provision of culturally appropriate support services
- Understanding of child protection legislation, principles and best practice, particularly with families with complex needs who have experience intergenerational trauma
- Understanding of adolescent development, including the impact of trauma on development
- Understanding of antenatal health care needs, parent craft and child development
- Excellent relationship building, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to establish constructive relationships with young people particularly with difficult behaviours
- A current driver’s licence and Working with Children’s Card
Be part of the largest humanitarian organisation in the world. At YPP you will find a great culture, committed and supportive colleagues. Red Cross offers a competitive remuneration package, with access to external supervision, ongoing professional development and excellent salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay.
For more information about the role please see the position description below or contact Clare Southgate or Jane Holmes on 02 8383 7501.
Please ensure you include a Cover Letter with your application.
Position Description: 508171 Case Manager Residential.pdf