Title of position: Marketing, Communications and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations and Stakeholder Engagement
Term of position: Permanent
Salary: ACOSS Collective Agreement Level 3 ($77,673-$86,075)
The Australian Council of Social Service is the peak organisation for community and social services in Australia and the voice for people experiencing poverty and inequality. ACOSS Develops public policy and analyses government policies, conducts research and promotes our views through publications, the media and public advocacy. We have over 300 members, including Australia’s major charities, and not-for-profit community organisations, as well as individuals, from major cities to regional and remote areas; and we work closely with both senior government officials and corporate partners. ACOSS is a rewarding working environment that provides our staff with a strong sense of achievement and recognition for the important work we do.
The Marketing, Communications and Events Coordinator designs, produces and markets all ACOSS events. This is includes the development and implementation of detailed project plans and strategic event marketing plans. The position also provides communications support to the broader ACOSS team as required.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Stakeholder Engagement, ACOSS team members and stakeholders to design two major national annual events; the ACOSS National Conference and the ACOSS Budget Breakfast along with a series of smaller events throughout the year.
- Project manage all ACOSS events from inception. This includes the development and implementation of detailed project plans.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive event marketing and communications plans.
- Write all event related communications including weekly EDMs, web copy, and social media content, event prospectuses and speaker briefing notes.
- Nurture existing relationships with ACOSS event and project partners.
- Coordinate a range of subcontracted services including graphic design, AV & equipment hire
- Provide ongoing communications support to the Engagement and Communications Teams.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing, communications and/ or events role.
- Demonstrated ability to produce excellent written campaign material.
- Demonstrated experience developing strategic marketing plans.
- Demonstrated experience working on social media and digital campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience producing events.
- Qualifications in communications, marketing, events or other relevant fields.
- A demonstrated commitment to the core values of ACOSS.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience working in the not for profit community sector
- Experience using CRM systems
- Experience using online event registration systems
- Reports to the Director of Operations and Stakeholder Engagement.
Please prepare a response to selection criteria (no more than two pages) and email along with your CV to email@example.com. Please put in the subject line: Marketing, Communications and Events Coordinator application via ACOSS website.
To discuss the role or ask questions please call Amy on 02 9310 6207.