Who: Dr Cassandra Goldie, CEO, ACOSS, and representatives from St Vincent de Paul Society, Anglicare Australia, and Salvation Army
When: 11.30am Sunday 14 October 2012
Where: Cabramatta Community Centre, Corner Railway Parade and McBurney Road Cabramatta NSW – See Map >>
Major report to reveal poverty is persistent and too high in Australia
The Australian Council of Social Service will release the most comprehensive report on poverty in Australia since 2006 at the start of Anti-Poverty Week on Sunday October 14, 2012.
The report will identify the number of people living in poverty in the country with state and capital city breakdowns. It will also reveal the risk groups and profile of people living below the internationally accepted poverty line of 50% of the median disposable household income.
Media outlets and journalists are encouraged to attend the press conference which will be led by ACOSS CEO Dr Cassandra Goldie.
Also present will include:
– Dr David Morawetz, Philanthropist and key supporter of the Poverty Report
– Kasy Chambers, Executive Director, Anglicare Australia
– Julie McDonald, General Manager, Community and Corporate Relations, St Vincent de Paul Society
– Envoy Ronda McIntyre, Territorial Community Services/Doorways Co-ordinator, The Salvation Army
– Alison Peters, Director, Council of Social Service NSW
– Other representatives of Australia’s community welfare sector
Media contact: Fernando de Freitas – 0419 626 155
NOTE TO EDITORS: Reporters and film crews are advised to arrive early to set up, and kindly advise firstname.lastname@example.org of your intention to attend.
The Report will be made available online after the launch on the www.acoss.or.au website at around 1.30pm AEST on Sunday 14th October 2012.