Become a member today and join Australia’s leading community organisations to shape public policy debate.
By joining the ACOSS membership you will join a bold movement for fairness, justice and equity in Australia.
Members play a vital role in shaping ACOSS’ policy and advocacy agenda. By becoming a member, you will strengthen the community’s influence and amplify the voice of people experiencing poverty and disadvantage in public policy debate.
Stay on top of public policy developments, community sector news and advocacy initiatives through our regular member communications:
• Regular member briefings and consultations are held to keep you informed on the changing social and economic policy landscape
• You’ll be the first to receive our publications and policy submissions
• Member e-newsletters and news alerts will be delivered straight to your inbox
• You’ll receive expert policy analysis on policy reform proposals and legislative debate
• We’ll keep you up to date with the latest media, providing a daily media bulletin with stories of relevance to the sector and media releases emailed directly to you
• We provide resources on best practice initiatives to support the sector with such projects as The Give Grid, Digital Business Kits and Disaster Preparedness
Have your voice heard
Members contribute to ACOSS policy development and advocacy initiatives
• Participate in roundtables, meetings, caucuses, our annual policy forum and AGM and other opportunities to influence ACOSS policy development
• Join our combined press conferences on relevant public policy issues
• Collaborate in cross-sectoral initiatives and join ACOSS parliamentary advocacy
• Meet with ACOSS executives and discuss shared policy and advocacy priorities
• Get active on ACOSS’ social media platforms and contribute to dynamic conversations about developments in key public policy issues
Members benefit from opportunities to meet and stay in touch with sector colleagues
• Participate in our member policy briefings to coordinate information sharing across the sector on key policy issues
• Receive discounts to attend ACOSS events including the annual national conference
• Publicise your events and job vacancies through the ACOSS website
• Access free member-trainings on advocacy and policy
Organisations that work at a national level, or in multiple states, and share ACOSS’ commitment to fairness, justice and equity can join ACOSS as National Members. National members are full voting members of ACOSS. They can nominate individuals for election to the ACOSS Board and vote in General Meetings and Board elections.
National members participate in ACOSS policy development and advocacy opportunities including member-only meetings and caucuses on issues of concern.
Organisations that operate in only one state or territory and share ACOSS’ commitment to fairness, justice and equity can join ACOSS as Associate Members. Associate Members contribute to ACOSS’ policy development, have access to policy analysis, media and advocacy updates, and actively participate in policy forums, advocacy, events, training and more.
Member fees are set on a sliding scale determined by your organisations’ annual income.
Membership fees for National Members are outlined here
Membership fees for Associate Members are outlined here
For more information contact the ACOSS office on 02 9310 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACOSS also welcomes individuals who support ACOSS’ vision and values to become an ACOSS Supporter. ACOSS Supporters are kept in the loop with all ACOSS’ work via our regular supporter e-newsletter, sharing public policy and community sector updates and invitations to take action on our advocacy and campaigns. This category is FREE. Click here to sign up as a supporter today.