Community Detention Case Worker
The Salvation ArmyNew South Wales
22, January, 2013
Contact: Kathy Nakic 02 9266 9545
Application closing date: 08, February, 2013
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Orientate clients to local community
- Case Management, Planning and Support
- Networking and creating Partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- A commitment to the Christian faith and mission of The Salvation Army and an ability to offer pastoral assistance
- Tertiary or other qualifications within Community Services, Social Work or similar discipline, or extensive relevant experience with a minimum of Certificate IV qualifications
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Driver's licence
- Evidence of further professional development
- Willingness to undertake further training and development
- Willing to undergo a working with children check
You will need excellent communication and inter-personal skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships within The Salvation Army community as well as external stakeholders. Your solid case management or extensive experience working with people from diverse cultural background will be the key to your success.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical branch of the universal Christian Church. Our message is based on the Bible; our ministry is motivated by love for God. The mission is both spiritual and practical, encompassing the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the alleviation of human suffering and distress without discrimination.
This is a rare opportunity for a hands-on motivated individual to make a real difference in the way we serve those in need.
For more information, please contact Kathy Nakic on 02 9266 9545
To apply, please do so through our website: http://www.salvos.org.au/about-us/employment-opportunities/?list-all