Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YWNyLjY5ODI4LjYwMTJAcmVkY3Jvc3NhdS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Position: Mentoring Program Volunteer
Location: Garran, Canberra, Australia
Industry: Community Services
The Asylum Seeker and Migrant Mentoring (ASMM) program focusses on asylum seekers and migrants who have difficulties finding meaningful employment and/or need help with the job seeking process in the ACT. The role of a Mentoring Program Volunteer is to provide one-on-one support and guidance, for example, with writing cover letters and CVs. Each Mentoring Program Volunteer will be carefully matched with one of the MSP clients based on the volunteer’s experience and professional background. Ideally the volunteer remains engaged with the MSP client until the client is job ready and able to gain meaningful employment in the ACT and region.
Position Selection Criteria
- Very strong written and spoken English language skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in working in Australia and ideally in hiring staff or in HR.
- Good understanding of the job seeking process in the ACT and region.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Understanding and empathy for the needs of the client group.
- Experience in working with asylum seekers and migrants.
- Understanding in Australian workplace rights.