- 10 Month Fixed Term Maternity Leave Contract
- Full time hours
- Located In Sydney CBD
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a Christian community service organisation with a nationwide team of over 2,900 that helps people to regain their independence.
We reduce homelessness and strengthen communities through homelessness initiatives and affordable housing, early learning and youth services, family support, and employment and skills development.
Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves.
About the role
Driving and implementing media and internal communications initiatives aligned to organisational strategic directions, you will have a central role in projecting Mission Australia’s voice to external and internal stakeholders. (A copy of the position description is provided below).
With a team of three, this position plays a key role in supporting and advising senior management and works closely with the CEO on strategic communications.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation as 2017 will see Mission Australia deliver a new three year strategic plan and launch a new Reconciliation Action Plan.
- National media management
- Implement a national media strategy aligned with organisational policy and advocacy goals
- Utilise tactical media opportunities to promote MA consistent with the above and organisational strategy
- Develop key messages to media on organisational priorities
- Internal Communications management
- Implement, with the support of the Internal Communications Manager, an Internal Communications Strategy that informs, engages and inspires staff
- Oversee internal communications via ‘My mission’, the Mission Australia Intranet
- Engage staff through inspiring good news stories
- State Media Management
- Support work of Media Manager (NSW, ACT, TAS and VIC)
- Management of state media consultancies
- Ensure utilisation of metro, regional and local media to promote MA advocacy, programs and initiatives
- CEO support
- Provide media and messaging advice to the CEO
- Support the CEO in building profile and narrative including:
- Preparation and placement of CEO opinion pieces
- Proactively identify media opportunities for the CEO
- Organisational collaboration
- Collaborate with the Sector Engagement Leadership team to ensure media coverage for MA’s policy, advocacy and research
- Collaborate with the Communications team to ensure alignment of internal and external comms with media messaging and narrative
- Media protocol and training
- Provide training and advice on media management to senior management as required
Qualifications & experience
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to media, communications and/or community sector
- Experience in journalism, media and public affairs or government media relations
- Highly developed writing and communication skills and the ability to produce written material with tight deadlines
- Staff and consultant management capacity
- Budgeting and financial skills
- Excellent organisational skills to manage competing demands on resources
As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National criminal history check.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers: Coles, Harvey Norman, Apple, Dell & many more
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
Click “APPLY NOW” noting applications close Midnight Tuesday 31 January 2017
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Mission Australia is dedicated to increasing opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. Learn about our Reconciliation Action Plan
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Application close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time