- Mornington Peninsula
- Full time, ongoing role
- Join a friendly supportive team working with vulnerable women and children
Around the world the Good Shepherd network is working to create just and equal communities where women and girls can live full, safe lives. We have been committed to our mission for nearly 200 years, working strongly for social change.
Wherever we are, we strive to team up with people who share our mission, vision and passion for social justice because the need is still great.
Our areas of expertise are, safety and resilience, educational pathways and financial security.
Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand, in conjunction with other partners, will operate Child FIRST services in the Bayside Peninsula region with a catchment area of Glen Eira, Stonnington, Port Phillip, Bayside, Kingston, Frankston and Mornington Peninsula Shire.
The Intake Worker is co-located with the Child FIRST team based at the Anglicare Frankston office and also spends one day per week at the GSANZ Hastings office.
About the role:
The intake worker engages with and provides intake and assessment, information, and referral to individuals and families with complex needs and behavior which impacts on children’s wellbeing.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have qualifications in social work or other relevant human services discipline.
- Have demonstrated extensive experience working with families presenting with complex needs (e.g. substance abuse, mental health, parenting issues, disability, relationship issues) and/or from CALD or indigenous backgrounds.
- Be experienced and have knowledge to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and be confident in making sound judgments in relation to assessment outcomes.
- Have demonstrated commitment to social justice
To find out more about the role and the work of Good Shepherd and to down load a copy of the position description please go to www.goodshepherd.com.au.
To apply please review the attached position description and submit a short covering letter outlining your relevant skills and experience along with an up to date copy of your resume to: email@example.com
For any queries relating to the role please contact Colin Valentine on 03 5970 5702.
Applications close COB Friday 21st July 2017
Good Shepherd is a Child Safe employer. Employment is subject to satisfactory referee checks, a current employment Working with Children Check, Police Record Check and proof of the right to work in Australia.
We require an experienced intake worker to work with families presenting with complex needs and behaviour